Portable explosive detection DVIN-1 complex based on fast labeled neutrons
SCOPE OF APPLICATION
Detection and identification of drugs, explosives and highly toxic substances in items under inspection with overall dimensions from 50 to 600 mm under field conditions.
- Tagged fast neutrons technology is used.
- Elemental composition of a hidden object is determined.
- Over 30 different explosives are identified.
- Identification of liquid explosives.
- 3D location of a hidden object is determined.
- High penetration power of fast neutrons (up to 30 cm of concrete).
- Identification is automatic, without an operator.
- Simultaneous inspection in 9 tagged neutron beams.
- Inspection block weight is 34 kg.
- Inspection block consists of a neutron generator with a built-in alpha detector, gamma-ray detectors, DAQ electronics, and power system.
- Overall dimensions: 740 × 510 × 410 mm.
- Weight: 34 kg.
- Operator’s position: notebook connected to inspection block with cable of 50 m long.
GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS FOR COMPLEX
- Power supply: from the operator’s position, AC 220V 50 Hz.
- Number of gamma-detectors: 1
- Gamma-detectors are based on: BGO, crystal size 76 × 76 mm.
- Maximal neutron flux: 5×107 n/s.
- Neutron energy: 14.1 MeV.
- Operation mode: continuous
- Peak power consumption: 70 W
- Number of tagged neutron beams: 9 or 64
© 2010-2019 "Neutron technologies" LLC. When using the materials citation of the source is required.