Inspection System for Large-Size Cargo
SCOPE OF APPLICATION
Remote detection of explosives in large-size cargo and vehicles.
- Tagged fast neutrons technology is used.
- Elemental composition of a hidden object is determined.
- 3D location of a hidden object is determined.
- High penetration power of fast neutrons.
- Identification is automatic, without an operator.
- Inspection of the cargo from three sides by means of a movable inspection module.
- Designed as a stationary portal with a movable inspection module.
- Simultaneous inspection in 64 tagged neutron beams.
- High intensity neutron generator.
- Remote control of inspection module positioning.
- Inspection module is installed on special 4000 × 3000 mm portal, which allows its movement around the cargo being inspected. Inspection module comprises a high intensity neutron generator with neutron flux up to 3 × 108 s-1. The generator irradiates the cargo being inspected with 64 tagged neutron beams. Characteristic gamma-rays are registered with 24 gamma-detectors. Complete weight of inspection module is 980kg.
- Overall dimensions of inspection module: 1410 × 800 × 1140 mm3.
- Weight: 980 kg.
- Operator’s position: personal computer connected to inspection block with wire line.
GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS FOR COMPLEX
- Dimensions of simultaneous inspection area: 1,2 × 1,2 m at distance of 2 m from the neutron generator
- Power supply: AC 220V 50 Hz.
- Gamma-detectors are based on: BGO, crystal size 76 × 76 mm.
- Number of gamma-detectors: 24
- The characteristic gamma-rays are registered with 24 gamma-detectors.
- Operating conditions: ambient temperature from +10 to +35 oC and relative humidity max 85%.
- Maximal neutron flux: 3×108 n/s.
- Neutron energy: 14.1 MeV.
- Operation mode: continuous
- Peak power consumption: 70 Watt
- Number of tagged neutron beams: 64 as a 8×8 matrix
© 2010-2021 "Neutron technologies" LLC. When using the materials citation of the source is required.