Detector for Car Searching
SCOPE OF APPLICATION
Remote detection and identification of explosives in cars.
- Tagged fast neutrons technology is used.
- Elemental composition of a hidden object is determined.
- Over 30 different explosives are identified.
- Identification of liquid explosives.
- 3D location of a hidden object is determined.
- Identification is automatic, without an operator.
- Simultaneous inspection in 64 tagged neutron beams.
- Designed to be used under field conditions.
- Distance up to 150 m between the inspection item and operator’s position provides safety for the operator.
- Inspection block consists of a neutron generator with a built-in alpha detector, gamma-ray detectors, DAQ electronics, and power system.
- Overall dimensions: 1000 × 600 × 600 mm.
- Weight: 110 kg.
- Operator’s position: notebook connected to inspection block with a cable of 150 m long.
GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS FOR COMPLEX
- Minimal detected mass of explosive substance: 200 g.
- Power supply: from the operator’s position, AC 220V 50 Hz.
- Number of gamma-detectors: 6
- Gamma-detectors are based on: BGO, crystal size 76 × 76 mm.
- • Operating conditions: ambient temperature from -20 to +50 oС and relative humidity max. 95%.
- Maximal neutron flux: 1×108 n/s
- Neutron energy: 14.1 MeV
- Operation mode: continuous
- Peak power consumption: 70 Watt
- Number of tagged neutron beams: 64
© 2010-2021 "Neutron technologies" LLC. When using the materials citation of the source is required.